Things have been going quite well! Here are some quick highlights:
...in regards to breastfeeding:
I was very paranoid about Xavier getting enough food to eat since I am breastfeeding. When we had left the hospital, his bilirubin level was at 9, so he wasn't put under the UV Light, but it still made us concerned. However, now that my milk has come in (which is an interesting experience all together) he seems to be eating just fine - about every two hours in fact. While this does make me slightly more sleep deprived, my heart is relieved to know he's eating!
So far I haven't been exceedingly sore - nothing that's not manageable. I'm waiting for that to kick in though.
Xavier is latching very well now. Initially at the hospital, he did VERY well, but then, around the third day, he started this whole deal where he'd latch, then break, cry, latch, break, cry, latch, etc... This was a little frustrating (especially because I was like "OMG YOU HAVE TO EAT PLEASE DON'T STARVE TO DEATH") but I learned that I could get him to stop crying by sticking a pacifier in his mouth, and he'd latch on again (kind of like a bait and switch move). Now, he is latching on very well - no more bait and switches. I figure this is also because there is an extremely larger amount of food to eat as well.
...in regards to sleeping:
So far, I feel like I am handling my sleep being interuppted pretty well. However, this is still during the time where I'm not really doing anything else but taking care of the baby and myself. I can't even say I'm taking care of the house - The Husband is doing most of that.
...in regards to The Husband:
He's fantastic. End.
...in regards to working:
I've decided I'll probably try to get some actual work done starting next week. I'm still trying to adjust to the little things (like making sure you have all the bathing supplies ready before you begin to bathe the baby) right now. However, I do need to mention (again) that I have THE BEST OFFICE IN THE WORLD. Not only did they throw me a baby shower back in June, they set up a schedule to bring me dinner every other day for the next two weeks. Our IT guy, Jim and his wife stopped by (with their 2 year old adorable daughter) with one of the best chicken and broccoli cassaroles ever (and The Husband LOVES C&B Cass). Nevermind that it could have fed twenty people. I'm chowing down on some leftovers as I type.
Final Remarks:
Things are great. Nothing is too crazy. I still need to unpack things from the hospital. I am doing Baby's first load (of many I'm sure) of (used) laundry today.
Time to check on the baby... :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update.. I was wondering how you guys were holding up. I am glad breastfeeding is going well... hopefully it just gets easier and better!
Post a Comment