I forgot to mention in my previous post that I had my first public breastfeeding experience yesterday. We woke up we were a little crunched for time, so I didn't get to feed Xavier before we left. So, by the time we were in the waiting room, the poor little guy was starving. :( I pulled out one of my breastfeeding covers (that I ordered from Etsy) and everything went well! He didn't pull it aside, my milk let down fine, and both of us were quite happy!
Speaking of breastfeeding, I'm quite lucky that I haven't (yet) went through the stage where my milk was spraying everywhere or leaking in the middle of the night. My breastpads are mainly for the little leaks when Xavier unlatches and also so my bra isn't coated in lanolin. My left breast got sore, but my right has been fine. Oh, and by sore, I mean it felt like needles when Xavier ate. This hasn't really bothered me that much though - I think had I been shooting milk all over the place I would have been more bothered.
I felt really bad today, since my wonderful mother wrote me an e-mail that she was worried about me from my last post and was worried she was causing me more stress. I guess, after re-reading the post, it did come across rather negative, but that's not how I meant it at all. What I was trying to convey was how irrational, yet normal, the baby blues can be. During several of my crying bouts, I would look at The Husband and go (sobbingly) "I know there's nothing wrong. I know I'm being irrational. I just can't help it."
My mother has done nothing but be an incredible help and support over the past few weeks. Her and my father even came and cleaned my DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY house while I was in the hospital (since Xavier came a little early and I wasn't quite expecting it). She's offered to watch the baby, drive me to the doctor, and pretty much be at my beck and call. My parents have been an extraordinary help and I really can't thank them enough.
I wonder, with people who have lazy husbands and parents that are far away, how do they get by?! So much of my parenting experience (so far) has been wonderful because of all the generous help around me - from The Husband, my parents and family, my co-workers, and even those who just happened to comment on my Facebook status about the baby.
Thank you all.
Although a thank you is hardly enough to convey the gratitude I have in my heart.
3 comments:
Don't forget all the people from your work bringing us food!
Co-workers were included in that end list! :D
I understood what you meant. I already feel that way sometimes being pregnant. I am sure it will only become more intense after the baby is here. Its all natural, its all normal... and it will all regulate itself. I am so glad that breastfeeding is going so well. I broke out my pump today so I can start trying to figure it out... its so hi-tech!
Post a Comment