I wish I hadn't had any signs of having the baby yet, because it's only making this process long and drawn out and painfully, achingly, SLOW.
I never thought I would be bored waiting on his arrival, but that's consistently the expression that keeps coming up into my head.
In effort to occupy ourselves (my husband has taken the next few days off until I have the baby...and then will have some more time off...ah, flexibility is nice) I did a load of laundry, and then we bolted to go eat dinner out.
After several recommendations, we finally made ourselves go to 4th Street, a restaurant in the same town as Julio's.
Our meal was okay - we had a Roasted Red Pepper Soup as an appetizer that had a nice flavor, but felt as if it were missing something - perhaps some shellfish or even au gratin croutons to break up the slightly monotonous flavor. Our salads were arranged very nicely, but the croutons that accompanied them were so soaked in vegetable/canola oil that they were nauseating to eat. I had Chicken Parmesan for my entree, while the husband opted for Shrimp with Cheese Ravioli in a tomato sauce. My Chicken Parmesan was not flattened and the breading was, like the croutons, far too oily. Additionally, the capellini was far too overcooked and watery. The husband's entree had two colossal (that's an industry term that means 10 shrimp or less per pound) shrimp that were slightly overcooked in too strong of a chicken stock, and the ravioli were the frozen type that are overcooked easily (and were overcooked).
*Deep Breath* Okay, so it sounds like we hated the place - we did not. However, it was going up against some STIFF competition - it really can't compare to Julio's at all. Simultaneously, our check was about half the cost of what we generally spend at Julio's, and I might say that I felt I got about half the quality.
After finishing dinner, we did go to Julio's though and grab dessert. I just can't be in that area of town and not eat there.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I think we might go to Julio's for lunch (since while talking to the owner she informed us that they serve at that time - we didn't know).
We are...completely...addicted.
2 comments:
have you eaten at aquarium lounge yet? they also serve lunch and their roasted red pepper chicken soup is one of those things i must get whenever i'm there. also next time you go to 4th st i saw where you could print out a coupon on their website...oh and my verification word is shisizzle hehe
The waiting game... eek! I am going to be there soon...
Post a Comment