Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why, hello there!

Contrary to the lack of blog updates - I'm not dead. I have been ridiculously busy, and the lack of internet at my house hasn't helped at all. We should have internet again in the next few days...but the way things have been going with Verizon, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just hoping that we'll have a working internet connection for me to start working from home when the time comes.

The last post (which was over a month ago!) I showed off the grouper I bought. I ended up breading it with panko and baking it in the oven, and served it with brown rice. It was delicious!!


I ended up having a total of four baby showers - although the two largest were the ones thrown by my husband's parents, and the one thrown by my parents.


I was so grateful for how loving and generous everyone was! However, I was very surprised as to how just opening gifts and thanking people can really be at this point!

The nursery is still almost finished. I need to get some shelves to put up and then I'll be done (I think).

My husband and I are taking a rather spontaneous trip to New York City next week for five days. While driving back from Greensburg, PA this past Saturday, we were remarking on how we hadn't been on vacation this year. By the time we hit Washington, PA we had decided that we were going to go to New York City. We found a Panera, booted up our laptop, and made Amtrak and Hotel Reservations. We leave next Friday.

I had a doctor's appointment this past Monday, and when I told him about the trip, he was a little surprised. However, he didn't seem concerned about me going, but that I should take a copy of my medical records just incase. After all, he said the worst case senario is me giving birth in New York.

So much more to say, and so many other things to talk about...but I just wanted to push this post pretty quickly just so I didn't let too much time go by...

2 comments:

Laura said...

4 showers! Wow! I am having 2 (one for family, one for friends), my first one is this Saturday and I am pretty excited! The grouper looks delicious. I might have to stop by for dinner sometime :)

sarahbais said...

Well, I had separate family showers because they are about 3 hours apart. It was just easier? The other two was one thrown with my friends, and one at my office. The office one was so much fun - we just did it potluck style...and pretty much got paid to eat some awesome homemade food (and a Chick-fil-A nugget tray).

The grouper came out well, but I have to admit, my favorite fish is Dover Sole. I'm not sure I could cook it properly though... :/