I really hate housework...but I really haven't met that many people who can say that they enjoy it either. I did get a few loads of laundry done, and I'm eying the dirty dishes in the sink now. I can hear them from my office saying "come wash me...come wash me..." but I'm trying to turn up my music loud enough so that I can ignore it.
I'm trying to figure out if there's anything else I need to do for the baby. So far, all that's on my list left to do is to have my husband hang up a wall quilt and put together our Arm's Reach and attach it to the bed.
In other news, I've decided I'm a complete flake right now. I was going to set up my new desktop, but then realized I don't own a keyboard. I guess that's what I get for having 5 laptops around the house...haha. It's been ages since I've had a desktop (maybe 3 years?!) so it's the little things I'm forgetting.
I've been trying not to fret over insurance lately. You see, when I got pregnant I didn't have insurance, and since I didn't take any summer courses I wasn't eligible to get student insurance until the fall semester. So, my insurance officially kicks in the 12th of August - my baby is due around the 17th of August. It's not just the close date itself that is worrisome, as I have to go to the WVU Student Health Clinic to get a referral to my OBGYN so the insurance will cover it. After some browsing, I realized I could make an appointment, so I called to make one for the 12th (right when my insurance kicks in!). However, upon giving the nice receptionist my student number, she saw that I wasn't enrolled in summer classes and therefore would have to pay a $248.00 fee just to use student health. I explained that I just needed to come in to get a referral for my (impending) delivery, and she said, "Well, if you wait until the 20th of August, it'll be covered under your student fees,". I then explained that I was going to have my baby around that time, and she referred me to another woman (who I guess deals with the insurance more so?) but she wasn't available to talk to.
In conclusion, it looks like I'll be shelling out an additional $248.00 just to get a referral to go see the OBGYN I've already been seeing just so my insurance covers it...
*UPDATE* I talked to the woman who deals with the insurance more, and she explained that since I'm not enrolled in classes, I do NOT need a referral for my doctor - I can just take my insurance card and they'll cover it. Likewise, since they don't see children, I don't need a referral for whatever pediatrician I choose either - I just go there and the insurance will cover it. I know that it's not going to be easy (and I'm going to have to fight with the insurance on the phone) but I don't think any insurance is easy... I do feel considerably more relieved now though.
1 comment:
I am glad the insurance is working out! And as far as housework... I actually do enjoy it under non-pregnant circumstances. I know, I am a wierdo.. but there is something therapeutic about cleaning the house. At this point though... it's getting really difficult to keep up with! In your comment you asked about the acid reflux. Mine was miserable... absolutely unbearable. I couldn't sleep at all unless I was on the couch sitting straight up. My doc put me on a prescription of Protonix and it's been great ever since. Thank goodness!!
Post a Comment