So being 21 days from my due date is not keeping me at bay from doing things quite yet!
I didn't take photos this time, since I had already done so when we went a while back.
After stopping by the Cathedral (where they were prepping for ANOTHER wedding) we went back to the Strip District. We ate at the Penn Avenue Fish Company where my husband got a crab cake sandwich, and I got crab meat tacos. The tacos were delicious - just a little bit of hot sauce, some cabbage, and huge fresh lump crab meat...delicious~
We didn't realize that the Strip closed down kind of early, so by the time we were finishing our (late) lunch, shops were already closing down. So, we rushed off to PennMac for some fresh prosciutto (Boar's Head doesn't touch the stuff you can get here). The delicatessen was so friendly...it's such a different atmosphere than a grocery store delicatessen! We also managed to pick up some roasted red peppers and white pesto as well. My only regret was not getting any cheese - but their selection is enormous and I always feel lost as to what I want. I need to do cheese research I've decided.
After finishing at PennMac, we quickly rushed back down to Wholey's where I had them fillet me a fresh Red Snapper (I got to watch them do it! So much fun!) and also grabbed some fresh jumbo scallops. Unfortunately, all the shrimp they had was previously frozen, so I forwent adding that - I can get that in Morgantown afterall. After grabbing a pound of fresh peppered bacon and a boneless lamb roast, we threw ice in our bags and made our way home. I slightly regret not picking up any live lobsters, as they were on sale for $4.98 a pound!! However, the idea of fixing a live lobster is a little daunting to me...I've never done it before and I don't think I own a pot big enough to boil the suckers in. Maybe next time...
I really wish I lived in a bigger city - having a fresh market like that at your disposal must be wonderful. I'm going to miss our Pittsburgh runs in the winter... I guess it's back to the Kroger come winter time (and baby time for that matter)!
Tomorrow is our friends Bekah and Jesse's son's Baptism (his name is Raphael Raymond)...I'm going to take photos~ I'm so excited to see their baby!!
2 comments:
Those fish tacos are amazing huh!
btw - you can order stuff from Penn Mac's website and Dear Heart (who works at the cheese counter) can tell you more than you'll ever need to know about cheese the next time you stop in there.
If you don't mind I'm going to post a link to your post on the Stip's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pittsburgh-PA/Neighbors-In-The-Strip/52462820965
Actually, the way I found out about Penn Mac was because the coffee shop I used to work at ordered meats and cheeses from them.
Thanks for posting my link on their Facebook page by the way!
Also, I wanted to tell you that I looked around your photography website and thought your portfolio looked very nice. I only recently got an SLR camera and have been slowly learning how to use it - my admiration and respect for professional photographers increased ten fold when I got my SLR!
Post a Comment