I feel like this post hit the nail on the head. There is no sense in having such outrageously disgusting terms for what's going on right now.
Anywho - I did have some "show" last night (technically this morning, around 2am) and then lost my "plug" when I woke up. Here's hoping the little bugger can stay cooped up in there for two more days until I have insurance...of all the complaining I've done that I just want my baby now, I'm totally cool with the insurance covering the delivery, epidural, hospital stay, etc...
Speaking of the cost to have a baby, I was looking at this post from the same blog. I was SHOCKED to see the difference in cost compared to what they're having to pay. Granted, I am going to a very small OBGYN office, in a very small town...but the price discrepancy is really astounding. That's not to say that it's been a cheap experience for us - but I'm really shocked at the cost of her normal OBGYN check up appointments. You know, where the doctor just has you lay down, listen to the heart, measure your growing tummy, and go "see you in x amount of weeks".
I'm feeling okay, maybe a little bit more tired, and I'm getting cramps in my stomach quite akin to having my period (big surprise, I know). Heartburn has been getting increasingly worse at night, and occasionally during the day. However, for the most part it really isn't all that bad. To be honest, the worst is just that tossing and turning at night has become more of a chore than anything. I think she knows what I mean.
So, if I do go into labor, I'm pretty sure I'll be updating my Twitter feed, which you can check out to the right, or you can go to here to read it. Yes - my Blackberry and I will be inseparable until I'm numb with pain. Some women use stress balls, I'm going to have my Blackberry.
2 comments:
Thank you! Hopefully we can somehow get some of those terms out of the books and have them replaced with happier sounding terms since a very happy time is just right around the corner!
Jane and I are wishing you the best on labor and delivery! Keep everyone posted via your blackberry - it was the only thing that kept me from going crazy a few times while Jane was in labor. :) A big congratulations from us!
Tarzan and Jane
Wow... you are getting so close. I am following you on twitter now... which I hardly ever use, but I wanna know whats going on while you are in labor!!!!
Post a Comment