Bathing a baby is a tricky thing - especially when said baby is not fond of being treated like a Roman Emperor. (I wish someone bathed me all the time!)
In theory, it seems so easy! Here you have a baby, roughly the size of a sack of flour, and all you have to do is wipe it down, and then wash it's hair.
Nevermind that said baby squirms and cries, flailing it's tiny appendages as if you were about to toss it into a pot of boiling water.
Nevermind that finding an appropriate spot for it's adorable bathtub that does NOT kill your back is almost impossible.
Nevermind the travesty of bringing the baby to the sink after you have the water the perfect temperature, and then realizing that the shampoo bottle is 5 feet away.
I know these things take time to learn. I'm still learning them.
The real milestone of Xavier's umbilical cord falling off occurred after his bath this evening. Thus, tomorrow starts a new saga: tub baths!
The (fantastic) Husband is fixing dinner - he just shouted it'll be done in two minutes! Xavier is sleeping in his bassinet. Off I go to enjoy dinner, and then back to the grind of school, work, and the sometimes trying - but always rewarding - job of being a new mother.
2 comments:
Where are the bath pictures?! I want bath pictures!
i also want bath pictures...esp ones of him flailing his appendages lol that definately made me giggle picturing all of this lol
Post a Comment