So, I forgot to mention yesterday that Xavier had a pretty big milestone. The majority of his umbilical cord fell off! There seems to be a tiny bit of stump left inside, but the long icky part is gone. I'm rather relieved. It always made me nervous cleaning around the thing and I was always afraid his sleepers was going to pull on it and rip it out or something painful.
So far, Xavier has been sleeping REMARKABLY well. The last three nights he's been sleeping in 3 to 4 hour increments. This is FABULOUS! However...we'll see how long it lasts.
I wanted to note that there are two things making my life much simpler.
First, is the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. Since I am breastfeeding, it's been MARVELOUS. I should note that you will most likely go through a lot of sheets with this (depending on if your baby cries when he wets himself I suppose - ours does not) and that a folded King Sized Pillow Case works just as well. No velcro, but it's really not that big of a deal since you can make it very taught. It also simplifies changing it in the middle of the night as well.
The Husband read today that you should move your infant out of the bedroom anywhere from 2 to 4 months old...so, I guess it's a pretty hefty investment for a pretty short period of time, but it's really REALLY helpful.
Second, is the Itzbeen. Especially the first few days home, I had NO CLUE the amount of time that was passing between feedings or changings. I'm getting a little lazy about it now, but here's hoping I whip it back into shape.
Check up appointment for Xavier tomorrow - I can tell a major difference in his color now, so I'm not at all worried. :) I am really excited to see what he weighs though - the boy is a little piggy when it comes to eating!
2 comments:
I am so glad you like the Arm's Reach Co Sleeper! I have one too all ready to go. I bought it practically brand new from someone on craigslist for $50 so I was glad I didn't have to invest too much in it. I plan on having her sleep in the room with us for atleast the first 3 mos. Did you attach it to your bed or just set up next to it? Thanks for the pillowcase tip... I have 3 sheets that go with it, but I was wondering how much of a pain it was going to be to change in the middle of the night with all that velcro.
I also have the itzbeen... its awesome you have some of the same stuff so I can hear your reviews before we use them. Luckily you are happy with them so far... otherwise its kinda too late since we already bought them.
I think you should post some more pics soon!!
FYI - Naomi slept with Karla and I until we moved into the new house. We had no problems transitioning her to her bedroom. I was dead set against co-sleeping, but decided to give it a try on Karla's request. It was a great decision. Don't be in a big rush to push him out. Do what works best for you and baby, and enjoy that time.
Post a Comment