Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A curious day...

So, I finally had my doctor's appointment today. Interestingly enough, the practice now only has one OBGYN. You see, during the previous 8 months, there have been two, and they were always very meticulous on scheduling me with alternating doctors every appointment (so I'd see Doctor A, then Doctor B, then Doctor A) so I would become familiar with both of them. Both doctors were very nice, and when it came to delivery had a slightly different style (nothing horrifying or bad, just different). However, when my husband and I pulled into the office we noticed that the sign happened to be missing Doctor B's name. The office had a slightly odd vibe about it, and after seeing Doctor A (who was obviously in a considerbly larger rush - after all, his work load just got two-folded) asked the receptionist if Dotor B had left. She said (almost dogedly) yes, he had.

In a way it's interesting because before I didn't know who was going to deliver the baby (well, a 50/50 chance anyway), and now, it will have to be Doctor A. However, I have to admit, my curiousity is killing me as to why Doctor B left, so quickly, and quite quietly. I had seen him only two weeks ago, and you'd think if he were moving across the country or something with his family he would say "Oh, by the way, I most likely won't be delivering your baby as we're moving," or something to that extent.

Just odd.

I'm 38 weeks and 1 day today...at my next appointment, they'll do an internal exam to check for dialiation. Whoo-boy...I'm ready for this baby to be born NOW.

In other news, I'm still being productive working at home. I finished a quad fold brochure that, if you want, you can download and look at.

I also want to take a minute and thank my wonderful, fabulous, hard working husband for scrubbing down the bathroom EXACTLY to my liking. He's now tired and his lungs are filled with bleach fumes (poor boy) but the bathroom is *SPARKLING*...even scrubbed the floor boards! (How was I so lucky to marry so well?!) I love my husband! <3

Oh, so I took a few quick pictures of the Red Snapper last night - it was delicious however the pictures didn't turn out so well. Tonight I'm going to be doing a lamb roast with chimichurri sauce so perhaps photos of it?

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is strange that one of the OBs has gone MIA... I am curious myself! oh my goodness... less then 2 weeks till your due date!!!! You are getting so close! I can't wait till they get here so we can read each other's "outside baby" stories!