Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby Journaling

I am notorious for not keeping up with journals...hence, when I read that it's wise to keep track of your baby's eating and sleeping schedule, I was a little weary.

To try to combat lethargy in this area, we bought an ItzBeen. My husband and I thought it seemed like a nifty no fuss device. However, it still doesn't TRACK all the things it has timers for...so thus, I started looking at the various types of "baby journals" on the market. The most popular seems to be the Eat, Poop, Sleep journal, which after I looked at the sample pages, was a little less than impressed with. Then I came across Skip Hop's Day to Night Baby Log, which I immediately fell in love with. Now, had I not bought the ItzBeen, I probably would have ordered it, however, it's hefty price tag made me cautious...that and the fact that it only logged 6 months (what do you do if you still want to keep logging?). Thus, I made my own copy cat of the Skip Hop journal, only with 2 days per standard size page, making it 4 days if you print front and back. You can take a look at it here.

My investment in a baby journal is now rather nominal - just the time it took me to draft the PDF, and the few dollars it cost to have it printed...

No comments: