In the distance, is the Cathedral of Learning, which I've mentioned in an earlier post.
Today ended up being pretty busy, upon reflecting about it.
4:00am - Get up to go to the Chapel of Perpetual Adoration.
8:00am - Drop off car at Sears to get our belt replaced.
12:00pm - Drive to Philippi to drop our dog, Princess, at the Kennel.
2:30pm - OBGYN Appointment.
5:30pm - Checked into our Pittsburgh Hotel.
Luckily, after we had so quickly decided last night to leave today (instead of tomorrow), I packed the majority of things last night. I hate packing.
Ah, and one more thing. At my Doctor's appointment today, the nurse who showed me to my room looked around and noticed my husband wasn't with me (he usually comes in), as I had him wait in the waiting room because they were going to do the Strep B test. When she saw his absence, she asked "Oh, did you want to go grab your boyfriend?" I didn't quite know what to say, so I just said, "No, he's going to wait this time."
Upon reflecting about it, it was funny for a number of reasons. First, is that one of the reasons we're even going to NYC is for our 4 year anniversary (July 21st...which is actually the day we'll be leaving New York). Second, is that I think in order to not be assumptive, she said "boyfriend"...I suppose, that were he my boyfriend and she had referred to him being my husband, this would have been assumptive as well...however, since when in society is it better to assume I'm sleeping with a guy out of wedlock, than to be married to them?? Don't get me wrong - I don't want women who are pregnant to feel ashamed or embarrassed that they are not married...but couldn't she say something like "partner" or "significant other" that is more neutral?
On our way to go eat now...mmm...I love food.
1 comment:
Nice view!! I wish we could go on a mini trip before the baby gets here.. but it's just not in the cards.. oh well. I will just have to live vicariously through you I suppose:) I hope you have lots of fun... looking forward to more pics :)
Post a Comment