Sunday, July 26, 2009

Itchy.

So, the doctor prescribed me Prednisone and Vistaril for my PUPPP. I think I can notice a slight difference in how fast it was spreading, but I'm still really itchy...mostly in the new areas it's getting to...the older areas are just raised red and a little on the sore side.

I was lamenting to my husband that I'm not sure I can take much more of this...my stomach feels twice the size it did last week, I'm tired, I'm grouchy, I can't breathe as well, and now I'm itchy and raw all over...ugh...

I do have to admit though, if PUPPP is the worse thing that happens, I'll be a grateful woman. It's not harmful to me or Xavier...just annoying...

My friend Bekah had her baby last Wednesday. The poor girl was induced (her blood pressure had been running high the past two weeks or so), then labored for 27.5 hours, and THEN had to have a c-section. Their baby (Raphael) was 7.2 pounds and 19 inches. I'm sooo~ happy for them! (I do have to admit, I hope my labor isn't nearly as eventful though!)

I'm still working on finishing the website for my husband and I's New York trip...I hope for it to be done either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Off to eat some ice cream to get my mind off this itch...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh you poor girl... that itching doesn't sound like fun at all! I hope I don't get that!!! I hope it clears up soon!

sarahbais said...

I hope you don't get it either! You most likely won't, as 70% of the time it affects women carrying boys?! So weird!!

I feel awful for you though - all those kidney stones!! :( I think I might die if I had to go through that!