Thursday, July 30, 2009

Two Rants.

Today, since we had to drive to Fairmont for our Doctor's appointment, my husband and I decided to leave early and go to the Meadowbrook Mall in Clarksburg (which, is pretty common for us to do just to kill time).

They have a Motherhood store there, and I picked up a nursing bra, a nursing tank, and this t-shirt. Good thing I bought nursing covers 'cause all this nursing apparel about breaks the bank! I already have tons of $$ sunk into maternity clothes (mostly from Ann Taylor and Target of all places), and I dread sinking more money into special clothes to nurse in. I think I'm going to try to limit myself to a few nice semi-casual shirts and just live in a nightgown at home. I am also looking at Modest Middles as an option as well...any thoughts?

Rant One: Obviously, since I am already on the topic, I am okay with breastfeeding in public...but I am not okay with just floppin' one out there for the world to see. I'm uncomfortable with it, and other people are too! I don't really understand where some mother's get the idea of something like that being okay for public voyeurism. True, it's natural - but so is going to the bathroom, and we have things called stalls for a reason.

While walking around the Clarksburg Target, the doctor's office called me one hour before my appointment to reschedule - apparently the doctor had a family emergency. So, no baby doctor today...we're going to have to wait until Tuesday.

Since our plans got kind of shifted around, we pulled an NYC and stopped for dessert.

Rant Two: When you take someone's credit card, and run it for a bill, would you please look at who's it is? My husband's name is NOT Sarah, so do not hand him the bill nor the pen to sign with. Pay attention. I am in no way's a feminist revolutionary, but I find this should be common courtesy!! Just because he's the man doesn't mean he's paying! It's MY credit score.

Health Update on Myself: My PuPPPs is considerbly better; still a tad itchy, but much more under control. However, when I was getting into the car today, the baby decided to shift right on top of my sciatic nerve again...so, I'm back to having some pretty considerable back pain like my second trimester. Here's hoping he shifts off of it, but if not...I guess I only have a few more weeks of it left? There is an end in sight~!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Those modest middles look awesome! I might have to check into getting a couple of those for myself. I hope the baby moves off your nerve soon... that doesn't sound like fun at all!