Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 2 and (some of) Day 3

Hm...so I think these posts are only going to become more abbreviated...

Yesterday we had dinner at 26 Seats. I've had better French food before, but it was okay, and if you take the price into consideration it was AMAZING.

Since we were in SoHo, we walked around the area and I bought a dress for myself (for my post-maternity days) at a cute little shop.

After trekking around SoHo, we headed back to Times Square (to have a look at it at night) and then intended to stop at a wine bar before calling it a day. Instead, we got side tracked and decided to look at the lobby of the Empire State Building, and then got side tracked again into buying tickets to go to the top.

We were in line for 3 hours...at 10:30pm... The worst part was the fact that you'd stand in line, for say security, and you'd think, "Oh, now we get to go to the top!" Nope. You stand in another line and get sold a map. Then you turn the corner and stand in a line to get on the elevator. Then you stand in a line to get on to a different elevator. We must have stood in at least 10 different lines before getting to the top.

However, the view was breathtaking...I'm not sure if it was worth $40 and 3 hours of my life, and painfully sore feet, but I'm not upset that we did it.

This morning, we went to Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral - the largest in the United States. We went to the 10:30 am Mass, and Arch Bishop Timothy Dolan did the Mass (and I took Holy Eucharist from him)! He is the most prominent Bishop in the entire United States...coupling this with the EXTREME beauty of the Cathedral made it a very overwhelming experience. We are planning on going back tomorrow to take better pictures, since there were so many Masses and people there, I thought that it'd be easier that way, not to mention their gift shop was closed. Plus, since it's right in the awesome part of Fifth Avenue, I'm hoping to spend some time shopping in Saks as well. :D

We then went to Chinatown, and subsequently Little Italy. We had Vietnamese for lunch, and also a piece of pizza for a snack. The Vietnamese was amazing - such different flavors from your run of the mill Asian food. The Pizza was very good, but nothing TOO special...Then again, how special can standard NY style pizza be?

We're going to roam Manhattan tonight and look for some good food - I think we'll do dinner in Little Italy tomorrow (since we already had Pizza today).

2 comments:

Laura said...

You didn't go to Ferrara's while you were in Little Italy?! You missed out... they have the most delicious desserts!

~Joseph the Worker said...

I'm not sure anything could beat the meal we did end up having there!