Monday, March 30, 2009

Why, hello! I believe we've met before.

Yet AGAIN have I decided to begin another blog...and thus, here comes the obligatory "first blog post" complete with how I talk about how this blog will not go the way of previous incarnations - tossed aside to some dark corner of the internet, now covered in cobwebs and yellowed with digital age.

My intention is to keep this blog regarding my pregnancy (around 4 months now!), my family life, my work as a graphic designer, and general daily musings that happen to seem noteworthy at the time.

While on the subject of pregnancy, here is a photo of my ultrasound at 15 weeks. At the time this was taken, my stomach was still flat. Now, however, my waistline has increased significantly and I'm feeling regular movements every day. I do have to explain, that I am a bit of a realist. I do not feel "butterflies" in my stomach, but rather what feels like a small muscle spasm - akin to the eye twitch you might have occasionally experienced. To me, the adjective of "butterflies" is more like the nervous floaty feeling you get in the pit of your stomach before you're about to go on a stage in front of an audience of people. It's nothing like that and I'm quite grateful.

It'll be another two months before we know what the sex of the baby is, and to be honest, it's driving me mad. I feel like I can't prepare anything because I need to figure out if it will be gender appropriate first. Conversely, it does keep me from buying things too early, or buying to much, etc...

No comments: