Well, like I said before, some things never change.
Shopping, while the boys were away, went well. I managed to find three long sleeved tops (one of which was admittedly maternity) that were going to work for my purposes. However, it is still not quite long sleeved weather... Thus, when The Husband swang by to pick me up, he proposed we all go to the mall and find some more suitable duds for the still not chill weather.
So, we went home, The Husband changed the baby, I put away the groceries said Husband and baby gathered, and away we went again.
I managed to get some pretty good deals, after all, this time of year most summer things are on sale. However, the mall we were at was the same one that is close to Julio's...but we were wearing rather causal clothes...
So, rather than be smart, head home, and save money, I bought a dress (that will also work for my purposes) and The Husband bought a shirt...and off we went to Julio's.
It should be noted, that going out to eat with Xave takes longer as well. When we arrived in the parking lot, he needed changed(1), then, he ate, then he needed changed again(2), then he ate some more, then one last change(3). After he was done eating and pooping, we packed him back up into his car seat and went to have a nice dinner. Pam (the owner/waitress/I've talked about her before) was very excited to see us. Interestingly enough, other regulars, who are starting to recognize us as well, were also quite excited to see Xave.
Dinner was very good as always. I had my first whole glass of wine in almost a year (but don't worry, I bought these nifty test strips to make sure I don't make Xavier drunk...) and it was...alright. It wasn't that the wine was foul tasting, but more so that I think it'll just take a while to get used to, as well as not have some kind of crazy guilty conscience attached as well. Nine months of thinking "If I drink, I might give my baby terrible brain damage, and that's like being a horrific abusive mother!" has an affect on a person you know...
Xave slept through dinner, and by the time we finished, he started stirring a little bit. The Husband changed him, I fed him once again, he got changed again, and away we went. Dinner with Xavier really wasn't all that different...just a little bit more work tacked on to the beginning and the end.
Tomorrow, I have work to do, and a house to straighten up...hopefully I don't get as sidetracked tomorrow as I did today.
2 comments:
You forgot to mention that the wine knocked him out so he is sweetly sleeping now!
Yay I am glad you guys were able to have a nice dinner. I am soooo looking forward to that first glass of wine... I really am excited about it. I hadn't heard about those test strips though, what a great idea! I'm gonna have to get me some of those.
Post a Comment