Today, as the title reads, was a rather dull day.
The Husband is down with a head cold, so he feels pretty miserable. I also managed to (once again) procrastinate finishing my paper for my advertising class - good thing it isn't due until Sunday, right?)! I don't think I could tell you what I accomplished today if I tried...how awful is that for time management?
I'm beginning to wonder what I'm going to do with all of the baby stuff Xavier isn't going to be able to use here in about 5 months or so. His swing, carseat, and co-sleeper are all done for in less than half a year from now! I need to look into how much one of those storage garage things cost, but it seems like every time I think to call around and price them, it's after business hours. I definitely do NOT want to sell this stuff off or get rid of it - it'll be too useful for when Faustina/Joseph arrives. Then again, I'm worried that extra storage space is going to be pricey...
Speaking of Faustina/Joseph, after the baptism last Sunday, the Godparents came over to our house. Bekah (the Godmother) and I were discussing the spacing of our children, and the fact that - if we would like to stick to the plan of having our children two years apart - we need to be pregnant again about this time next year (maybe a month or two later). While my pregnancy wasn't particularly difficult, I did not revel in being pregnant as I am aware some women do. However, they do say by the time you're ready to have another child, you forget all the negative things. Which, when I think about it, there really weren't many...PUPPP was awful, and feeling fat and awkward wasn't fun either, but I wasn't sick and didn't have any major complications. My delivery was a breeze (thank you Ms. Epidural!). My baby sleeps pretty well, except for one off night where I drank too much caffeine. So, really, except for the year of complete sobriety and general awkward feeling of being the size of a house, nothing was that bad. I guess we'll see what I'm doing a year from now, right? :)
Next week, I am going to spend a few days at my parents house. The Husband has to work a conference, and I will not be able to go with him (obviously). I am going to miss him terribly, and I'm also a little sad that I can't go - I've went and worked at this conference for the past 4 years (and it's bi-yearly), and this will be the first I am unable to go to. It's not that it's particularly fun (well going out in the evenings is) it's just something we've always done together. I am looking forward to spending time with my family though - they all adore Xave, and it's enjoyable for me to see them enjoy him.
I asked him (Xavier) tonight if he realized how much he was loved, not only by us, but by our entire family. Then, I proposed to him that I would just sit around and get fat and sleep, and we'd see how much I'd be adored.
I'm going to try to force myself to bed now - after all, since The Husband is sick, that makes me on permanent baby duty. It's really not so bad...because of how much I love him*.
*People told me this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME - that you don't care about sacrifices and inconveniences your children put you through...it's definitely something you have to experience, because I didn't believe them one bit, until now.
No comments:
Post a Comment