To begin with, Xave and I didn't go to bed until 2am - other than that there was nothing out of the ordinary, as he had slept off and on throughout the day and evening. Then, he was up at 5am (again, totally normal) - however, he wouldn't go back to bed. I stayed up with him until about 7am, when I had thought he had finally worn himself out. I laid him down in the co-sleeper and thought "Oh, The Husband is going to work today, I'd better grab a shower now while he's home and Xavier is asleep." So, I hopped in real quick, and when I got out, I noticed The Husband was now in the living room with a crying baby in his swing. I felt terrible, since I had thought he had went to bed and I knew The Husband had to get up in the morning, where I was just going to be at home. Insert major guilt trip as a wife here.
The Husband felt that I was a little frustrated, and he shooed me off to bed, and watched the baby (cry in his swing). I got about an extra half hour of sleep here. We then determined that Xavier was hungry again, so he brought him in to me, and by this time, The Husband was awake and decided he would just go to work now. After this 8am feeding, Xavier calmed down a bit, and I got another hour's worth of rest (total: 4.5 hours worth of sleep).
When Xavier woke up again, I decided I was going to pump while I fed him. This was the first attempt at feeding my baby and pumping simultaneously...alone. It did not go well. I had been using the Medela bags you can pump straight into, but they don't stand well on their own (at all). Thus, with a kicking baby on one side, and a floppy bag on the other, I was covered in milk by the end of it.
Toss in some bureaucratic drama with a project I'm working on with the city, the inability to grab something to eat when I wanted to, plus my college class to deal with and that was my morning.
Yesterday had some other firsts as well though. Xavier had his first tear - I wish I would have had my camera. It was so sad seeing that little drop of emotion resting on his cheek, and yet kind of sweet~ Xave is also starting to notice (and follow) the mobile on his swing (we have this one). He's also starting to grab at objects he wants.
He didn't like being in the bassinet because it was too bland, so I got the idea to put a (high contrast) bib up for him to look it. He did manage to grab it down once, but I didn't have my camera out yet...
From the 7th, I just didn't get to upload it until now. He falls asleep on me all the time after he eats (by the way, that's a tank top I'm wearing).Last night went fine, and Xave slept like he normally does. Today I have a mountain of homework to climb (ugh...) and work to do as well...The house managed to get straightened yesterday, so at least that's out of the way.
I'm going to introduce a bottle to Xavier soon - I want to try to go to work one day next week...I'm almost a little apprehensive about it because I'm worried 1) he'll end up rejecting me, or 2) my milk supply will dry up. I'm not at all worried about him not taking the bottle - I really don't even care that much. I've found that I really love nursing - even though it can be a pain in the butt sometimes (especially at 3am) and I don't want bottle feeding to interfere with that. The likelihood of those things happening are slim...but still... I'm also still trying to figure out how I'm going to manage being away from the house longer than two hours...both emotionally, and the fact that these guys swell up pretty fast and get considerably uncomfortable without a baby to munch on them... hm.............................
I'm going to introduce a bottle to Xavier soon - I want to try to go to work one day next week...I'm almost a little apprehensive about it because I'm worried 1) he'll end up rejecting me, or 2) my milk supply will dry up. I'm not at all worried about him not taking the bottle - I really don't even care that much. I've found that I really love nursing - even though it can be a pain in the butt sometimes (especially at 3am) and I don't want bottle feeding to interfere with that. The likelihood of those things happening are slim...but still... I'm also still trying to figure out how I'm going to manage being away from the house longer than two hours...both emotionally, and the fact that these guys swell up pretty fast and get considerably uncomfortable without a baby to munch on them... hm.............................
No comments:
Post a Comment