Due to the exuberant price of kenneling in our town, we take her almost an hour away to where my parents used to kennel their dog. However, this isn't nearly as trying as one may seem, since getting to get to said kennel requires going through my hometown, which means we usually stop by my parents (barring a small excess of time).
I was concerned, since when we would be traveling back home, the entire family would be in our tiny Toyota Corolla (you see, when the dog was dropped off, The Husband just took her, for the pick up, we decided it would be a whole family affair).
Thus, we planned it out accordingly:
- Drive to my parents.
- Feed Xave, and leave him with said parents.
- The Husband and I continue our quest to retrieve our dog.
- After successful retrieval, dog sits in back of car.
- Stop at parents again, eat dinner, visit my grandmother down the road.
- Pack up. Arrangements change. Dog sits in passenger seat whilst Xave and I sit in the back.
- Attempt to not get carsick on trip back home.
It should also be noted that I happened to be wearing the same outfit I wore down to The Husband's family's just last Friday - nothing of note, just a black shirt and some white capris. I have determined that said WHITE capris have, in babyvision, a large, red, bold, bullseye on them, as he managed to poop on me, once again. Why only when I ware these WHITE pants?! Luckily, my waist is now the same size as my mother's, and I managed to steal her favorite pair of shorts...this was also a mini triumph for me, since it was the first pair of zip up and button pants I've worn...well, in quite some time...regardless that they were 3 sizes larger than what I own at home.
I keep wondering, how long will it be until I don't have to wear maternity pants anymore? I remember noticing a friend of ours who has a 4 month old baby...and she still had maternity pants on...How long does it take for all this excess skin to snap back?!
Also of note, yesterday early afternoon (before all of what I mentioned above occurred), we met with Fr. Andrew about Xavier's baptism (this Sunday!). We (I, The Husband, Fr. Andrew, and the whole parish I think) are so excited!! His baptismal garment is TOO CUTE.
1 comment:
Funny how every little trip is such an accomplishment in the beginning. Sounds like you guys are adjusting well! And the white pants are most likely a target because, well they are white, and isn't that how things usually work out?
Post a Comment