Monday, September 14, 2009

One Month, Sore Throats, and Quality Conversation with The Husband

One Month
Yesterday night, at 11:42pm, Xave had been out in the world for an entire month. During that period of 31 days, he has expanded in waistline, strengthened many a muscle, and dirtied plenty of diapers. He can focus on my face now, is definitely aware of when he is near my chest (although thankfully he isn't coordinated enough to pull down my shirt!), and loves to fall asleep in anyones arms (and wake up when he is put down - just ask my mother).

I never knew time could zoom by so quickly.

For his monthly-anniversary-of-being-born (monthday? birthmonth? whatever...) my parents got us a big fleece sack sleeper coat thing...with two holes, one in the front, and one in the back. If anyone knows what these are for (checking dirty diapers? air vent? coin purse?) let me know. We also went out to lunch, and then they watched (and bathed) the baby while The Husband and I went to the store.

I took this photo today - I managed to grab some pictures of his big yawn!

Sore Throats
In my last post, I mentioned that The Husband was sick. Inevitably (well, maybe due to giving him too many hug), I am sick as well now. So far, it's just a wicked sore throat (and therefore a lost voice), but I'm sure the congestion will settle in soon. Xave sounds a little bit congested, but I wouldn't even quite say he's sick yet...we'll see. I'm a little bit bummed, just because I was going to go into the office today, and obviously that's not going to happen now. I'm also hoping I'll be better by Friday, since my mom has the day off and was going to come spend it with us. (Oh, and I was wrong in my last post - it's not this week I'm spending the weekend with my parents, it's the week after.) The Husband already went and bought me copious amounts of Sprite, and is now en route to grab me some McDonald's cheeseburgers...I don't know what it is about being sick, but I LOVE McDonald's cheeseburgers when I am.

Quality Conversation with The Husband
Yesterday, when we were at the store, we bought some prosciutto, fontina cheese, and melba toasts, along with a bottle of Concha y Toro Casillero del Diablo 2007 Reserve Merlot. (Cool story about this wine - last time we went to Julio's, Pam gave us a bottle of this to take with us as a congratulations present for having the baby. We have had Casillero del Diablo before, and were not impressed as we are not typically fans of Chilean wines. However, the 2007 Reserve Merlot is FANTASTIC. It's now one of our favorite wines.) We put it out on a plate, listened to some classical, and just sat and talked...and talked...and talked. I think it was one of the best conversations we've had in quite some time - we talked about the Catholic Church, about our lives spiritually, about communicating with each other, decisions we had made, decisions we are going to make eventually, among other things. I have told my mother many times, that I wished being a wife was as natural being a mother, to which she responds that I need to carve out some time for just The Husband and I.

Okay Mom, you were right.

No comments: