Tuesday: High of 53°F
Wednesday: High of 52°F
Thursday: High of 61°F
Friday: High of 85°F
Saturday: High of 88°F
Sunday: High of 92°F
Where did spring go?! We went from 50° to 90°! This town's strange climate never ceases to amaze me.
Things were pretty busy for my husband and I last week, as we worked a conference in town that took up our entire weekend. It went very smoothly, and for that I am happy.
It's going to be my birthday in a few weeks and I have a few options for what I am going to get:
1) Nikon D60 DSLR Camera
2) Sony HD Video Camera
3) Two pairs of Naot Shoes
There are pro's and cons to each.
I've had my eye on a DSLR camera seriously for only the past month or so, but it's been about a year since I've thought "hey, one of those would be really nifty to have". With it, I would be able to take much better macro photography (so the food I fix looks appetizing instead of dull and blurry), and for when my kids start running around and refusing to stay still for a picture. The quality from a DSLR camera however, is far superior to a Point and Shoot (like I have now), and therefore, (since I consider myself to be a reasonably artistic individual) I would be able to take attractive photos of my family without paying an arm and a leg to Olan Mills. The disadvantage is the hassle of carrying it around and the weight (about 3lbs), not to mention the cost (not only of the camera, but of subsequent lenses I might want to buy).
The idea of having an HD video camera has been floating around with my husband and I for about a year as well. Advantages include being able to take videos of my kids developing and at events and such. However, I personally question how much I am really going to lug around a video camera to events to take videos of things we do. We owned a pretty nice video camera for about a year and used it only occassionally. Maybe it'll be different with the baby? (The difference between carrying a video camera and a DSLR is this: I do not intend to lug my DSLR to events most of the time - I am keeping my Samsung L85 for that.) Also, my Samsung L85 will take pretty mediocre video anyway...
As far as the Naot shoes go, I do a ton of walking - at least 3 miles a day. Thus, keeping my footsies happy is a high priority.
I will continue to debate this both via Twitter, Facebook, and conversation. Please leave some feedback!
No comments:
Post a Comment