Due to Holy Week and Easter Triduum my husband and I have been - and will be - very very busy this week. (Note: Our Parish, Saint Hubert, shares a priest with Saint Cyril & Methodious so events are split up between the two.)
Tomorrow is Holy Thursday, so there is a Chrism Mass in the morning at our Cathedral in Greensburg, PA we will be attending and later that night there will be Holy Thursday Mass at Saint Hubert's, where I will be serving as an altar server. After the mass, there is a bus going to several different parishes in the dioceses to take time to venerate the Blessed Sacrement.
Good Friday's Mass is at Saint Cyril & Methodious, but that afternoon at Saint Hubert's we are starting the Novena of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I am especially excited about this since if I have a girl I am naming her Faustina. (Also, at the culmination of this Novena, Saint Faustina's cousin is coming to speak to us at Saint Hubert's!)
Saturday is practice for the RCIA candidates at Saint Cyril & Methodious, which my husband and I were invited to attend, as he is going to be involved with Saint Hubert's RCIA program next year. There is also going to be a blessing of Easter Baskets, which is something I was not even aware of since I grew up with mostly Irish and Italian Roman Catholics - not Polish Catholics. Saturday, is also (of course) the Easter Vigil Mass at Saint Hubert's! I am very happy to know that we will be doing all 9 readings (I am doing reading 4, and my husband is doing reading 5). There will also be two baptisms, one youth confirmation, and three RCIA confirmations! AFTER Easter Vigil Mass, everyone is going to the rectory to eat...so, dinner will be around 11:30pm. :P
I am going to assume that I will not be able to blog very much in the coming days - thank goodness my husband and I have the job flexibility to take off the remainder of this week to focus!
No comments:
Post a Comment