Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

To say that Holy Week was busy would be an understatement - but that is not to say that it was not enjoyable. I wish that I could have posted more about the different events that we attended at the time - but regardless, Happy Easter!

Here is my husband and I wearing our Easter outfits - he begrudgingly pose for the photo. To say that finding something to accommodate my new found girth was hard would be a grave understatement. I think we must have went to at least five different stores, some even specializing in maternity clothes, and ended up finding a dress in the Junior's section of Elder Beerman of all things.

A quick recap of the past week:
Holy Thursday:
*The Chrism Mass was very nice, and it was also the first time I got to see our diocese's Cathedral. I was very happy to hear that there are 6 seminarians in our diocese now, and that this year applicants to seminary has doubled!
*The Mass for Holy Thursday went well, but I ended up not being an altar server. Another girl was there from our co-parish, so I bowed out. Too many cooks stirring the pot is not helpful.
*The bus afterward was a very interesting and moving experience as well, and my husband as already written a little about it.

Good Friday:
*Good Friday's Mass and the subsequent start of the Novena to Saint Faustina was wonderful. After the Novena, those participating venerated the portrait of Divine Mercy. Did you know that this was supposed to be done every Divine Mercy Sunday (this upcoming Sunday)?

Holy Saturday/Easter Vigil:
*In regards to the blessing of the Easter Baskets, this is absolutely a tradition I would like to start with my family next year! I think that I will fill it with all of the traditional Polish foods as well. Please read about Święconka! It's quite fascinating if you've never been around Polish Catholics!
*Easter Vigil was a wonderful experience - as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred (which is a good thing in my book). It as late when we got out (11:15) but that's not to say that I didn't hop over to the rectory to quickly grab a roll, a bite of ham, and a section of kielbasa! (I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but all Holy Week I abstained from meat so I was quite ecstatic!)

In other news, the pregnancy has continued to go very smoothly, although I have found that getting my bladder kicked is not the most enjoyable thing to have occur to you - especially when it's in the middle of the night and your in a nice cozy bed.

No comments: