I am not an easy person to live with.
My family (in particular my mom and my dad) were great with dealing with the ups and downs of my teens, but they are just that - family. There's an aspect of love that is inherent with this type of bond. For someone outside of this to look at the mess I can be and deal (on a daily basis) with it astounds me.
My husband also helps me spiritually. Our relationship together has developed a lot through our spiritual lives - from when we were first dating as secular individuals, to our marriage in a conservative fundamentalist Protestant faith, to our growth as a family in Catholicism. My husband is much better versed in the GIRM and Catechism than myself and devotes a lot of his time towards the reading books from Church Fathers and Saints, as well as praying the Liturgy of the Hours. This is not to say that my life is devoid of spiritual life, but having such a strong, supportive spouse is a blessing to have.
This is not to say that I am a completely horrendous person, nor is it the case that my husband is a man without flaws. However, I think it's good to take a bit of time everyday, and reflect on the many wonderful aspects of your spouse (even though he may not seem so wonderful at the direct moment).
I love you.
2 comments:
Hang in there. Congrats on your new addition. Your husband sounds like a wonderful source of strength for you.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, although he needs them more than I! Hahaa
Post a Comment