Sunday, August 28, 2011

A weekend away~

So, this weekend I spent away from both Tom and Xavier and visited with my parents...or rather, let them baby me.  :p

My mom set us up a spa day that included a prenatal massage for me, and a pedicure for her.  Now, granted, I have never had a massage before, and even the idea of one kind of made my spine tingle.  At first, I thought I would jump out of my skin to have a stranger roll my muscles around, but after five minutes, I decided it was pretty much the greatest thing ever.  She also made the comment that there were a few places she was going to avoid, because they might send me into labor...and I kept note of this, as perhaps close to my due date I can convince Tom to let me go back...???

After our spa treatment, my mom and I lunched and shopped together.  Motherhood was having a surprisingly good sale on some nursing nightgowns (something on my list that I needed to pick up anyway, as I practically lived in the ONE I had with Xavier) and I also picked up some nursing tanks that not only have a convertible racerback/spaghetti straps, but it's also a kind of stretchy nylon/spandex material that I think will be nice for my postpartum belly.  When not at home living in my nursing nightgown, I was living in nursing tanks...

My parents and I then went to Mass together, and had a fantastic dinner at Julio's.  It was really nice to go there and to pop my head in the back and speak with Pam and Joe (the owners) who were as warm and friendly as ever.  I also ordered a pasta with white cream sauce with shrimp...and I think they were surely U5's! They were HUGE...and delicious.

From the sound of it though, Tom and Xavier had an equally fantastic time.  They went and had pizza together, and were also guests at Charmaeve's for a fish cookout and smore roast!!  (I was admittedly a little jealous when I heard they got to roast marshmallows...I can't remember the last time I did that!)

And how nice was it that I got to come home to a house that was clean, a sink empty of dishes, and a husband that trotted right back outside to mow the lawn during nap time?!  Really - he's wonderful (and taken).

-----
My friend Bekah is in labor RIGHT NOW, so my prayers are going out to her...in between swigs of Mylanta for me...this heartburn is killing me!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend away!! Can't believe you have never had a massage before! I bet that was really a special treat!

sarahbais said...

Laura, I am so sorry to have not responded to your comments...I always mean to, and I always manage to forget. :(

Yes, it really was wonderful - and it was nice to be able to have some time alone.

I am wondering if your watching our two child saga unfold will have any bearing on you guys? ;)