Sunday, August 7, 2011

Xavier's 2nd Birthday #1

First a few photos from July 30th and 31st:

Swinging on the big swing!

Doing really well with it!

Sliding down with mama (excuse my enormity). 

Striking the "cheese" pose in Daddy's fedora.

When he saw himself in the mirror he went "aw, Cute!"

August 5th - Birthday No. 1

We all drove down to Charleston to go celebrate Xavier turning two on the 5th at Chuck E. Cheese's.  Although initially we had invited a few of his friends from the area, due to us being sick a few days before (with head cold congestion kind of stuff) we ended up canceling...however, we ended up feeling okay to go ourselves (but I'm glad we didn't expose my friends kiddo's to this crud...I'm still coughing up a lung!)

His 'big' gift was a Strider bike.  He's ridden on it a few times around the house, but I think it might take him a few months to really grow into it.

WVU Shirt Papaw got him.

Customized with his name on the back!

Ice cream cake!

He didn't wait for it to be cut to grab one of those Oreos...

Riding with Bob.

Little Fireman.

He loved this enormous derby horse ride.
He actually got really good at pulling on the reigns
and  'jumping' the horse at the right time!


Buckling in to drive the bus.


He picked up a passenger! He was pretty shocked at this, but still enjoyed it.  
Xavier really is getting a whole birthday month.  Next Sunday is another party at my parents house, and the Saturday after that we are hosting a small get together with our friends/his friends at our home here in Morgantown.  I think the extra attention before Joseph arrives will be nice.

Also, I can hardly believe my little baby will be two...when did this happen?!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Xavier!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun :) We are only one month behind you guys.... I can't believe how fast time flies!