Thursday, September 8, 2011

All is well at the homestead...

So all is well and good here...my lack of blogging didn't equal the arrival of Joseph (unfortunately?).  In that regards, I am starting to get more contractions (particularly at night) but they are more obnoxious than anything - nothing to indicate ACTUAL labor occurring...which would be much preferred!  I did find it curious that I did not have Braxton-Hicks contractions with Xavier, but have been getting them with Joseph...but then my midwife informed me that that was very common with second pregnancies, as it is my body "remembering" how to gear up for all this.

Things still aren't entirely prepped...I still need to get a changing pad (the two sided ones just don't cut it for me, I want a four sided one like I had with Xavier!  I'm gonna have to order it from Amazon...) and then there's the issue of the fact that the only thing in my hospital bag at the moment is a nursing nightgown...if I feel EXTRA motivated tomorrow, perhaps I'll finally pack it with all of my things...

Speaking of motivation, lately I have been torn between instincts of nesting and complete exhaustion from pregnancy...but I find it indescribably reassuring that all of my friends that already have two children find that having an infant and a toddler is much more manageable than being pregnant with a toddler.  Also, I feel a lot of it is simply hormonal anxiety as well...

Tom, Xavier, and I met with Tom's family for Labor Day at Stonewall Jackson Resort.  It was a very pleasant visit, and Xavier was most excited to see his Mamaw, Mamaw, and Papaw.

Aren't they charming, reading in the library? Also, look at how youthful Tom looks!

He ran across the hall and jumped up into Mamaw's arms.

Papaw brought Xavier a backpack...

...which he was most excited to wear!!
Today, I went to the Morgantown Breastfeeding Group meeting (which was formally LLL, but the LLL qualified leader moved recently) and I can't express how pumped I am to get back into nursing...

Surely, Joseph will arrive here soon...Xave was a little early, so maybe he'll show up ahead of schedule as well?????  :)

No comments: