Monday, August 8, 2011

Another parade!

This evening, Tom and I took Xavier to a parade for the beginning of our County Fair.  He was very excited to go, and could even remember that there would be fire trucks and ambulances from the 4th of July parade we went to!

It was actually a fantastic parade (about an hour long), and even arriving about a half an hour early, the sidewalks were still packed!!

Patiently waiting for things to get underway!

Seeing it finally getting started! (Horses!)

Thoroughly enjoying himself.

He was very good and did not really attempt to run into the street.

Anticipation for more.

Covered Wagons

This might be my favorite photo from the set.  Although you can't see either of their faces, the amount of concentration and excitement you can feel from this photo is great (if I do say so for myself)!

It took him a while to not be so overwhelmed that he just starred at the fire trucks, and actually waved.  Good thing there was a solid 15 minutes of various fire departments!

One of the fifty-million Little Miss's tossed out suckers.
Not pictured (because I was too busy trying to figure out what he was trying to tell me) is a "Mater" truck painted really authentically!  However, when Xavier saw it he kept saying "Pants truck! Pants truck!'  It took me several minutes to realize, he was explaining that that was the truck on his pull-up pants because for the life of me I am trying to avoid licensed character dissemination into my child...and failing miserably.

No comments: