Two weeks notice...check.
Paid penalty to break our townhouse lease...check.
Called townhouse utilities, and set shut off date for April, 29th...check
Talked about dates with my parents to help us move...check.
I think it's just anxiety to get out of Charleston, really.
I am so grateful for the Mothers & More group I joined down here though...which I just realized I have never blogged about (that's what living in the middle of a Ghetto gets you...). First, let me post the Mothers & More Mission Statement:
Mission & Beliefs
Mothers & More is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of mothers through support, education and advocacy. We address mothers' needs as individuals and members of society, and promote the value of all the work mothers do.
Our Beliefs:
- A mother is more than any single role she plays at any given point in her lifetime. She is entitled to fully explore and develop her identity as she chooses: as a woman, a citizen, a parent or an employee.
- All the work mothers do – whether paid or unpaid – has social and economic value.
- Caregiving work is real work with real social and economic value.
- All women deserve recognition and support for their right to choose if and how to combine parenting and paid employment.
- All mothers, all children and all families are unique. We respect the wisdom of each mother to decide how to care for her children, her family and herself.
- Mothers have the right to fulfill their caregiving responsibilities without incurring social and economic penalties.
- The transitions women make into and through motherhood are challenging and can be difficult.
- Together, mothers are powerful.
Anyway, the Care Committee is going to help organize play dates for Xavier next Saturday so Tom and I will be able to finish packing what we won't be able to accomplish with him. How awesome is that?
As it stands, Tom and I have a renewed skip in our step, simply knowing we are going to leave Charleston...perhaps the gripe post about this place I will post after we move, so it better conveys our general distaste for the area.
In regards to Xavier, he has taken up with his baby doll (one that my mother bought him when he was about 3 or 4 months old). Sometimes, when he finds she isn't with him, he'll go "Bei-bi? Bei-bi??!". He hugs her, and feed her the bottle attached to her hand, and kisses her, and lays her on the floor and smothers (I mean covers) her with a blanket and says "night night" and pats her on the back...it's very sweet. He's taken to sleeping with her now, instead of his plush alligator.
I am going to miss Xavier being in the daycare he is in now - it is a fantastically structured program, and very focused on education and play. I feel that he's really gotten a lot out of it socially. I am hoping that joining the mothers group in Morgantown will allow us chances to attend playgroups so he doesn't lose out on that.
Just...10 more days...!!
1 comment:
You are getting so close. I am so excited for you!! I am interested to hear your gripe post about Charleston. I hope it hasn't been too awful there.
Post a Comment