Two thoughts I wanted to share. Currently, I am sitting at the Blue Moose Cafe, reading about investing and portfolio's. It turns out that even though WVU is still technically sort of a state employee, it's sort of different, so our retirement is no longer a regular savings account job, but it's a 401(a). The Husband has delegated me our family investor, so I'm trying to read up on what exactly all of this investing and stock managing means, and how to balance risk versus return. While I sit here, sipping my soy almond latte and reading up on model portfolios and historical returns and volatility, I am surrounded by such an eclectic group of individuals. In front of me is a group of 4 middle aged women (dressed in LOFT and RL), who are having a meeting outside of the WVU Hospital, eating their breakfast and debating MdracBook Air's and iPad's, while across the room a group of hipster girls with their long chandelier earrings and cropped bleached hair order soy latte's and pick up vegan cookies, all the while an unkempt man in a long beige trench coat and western style hat sits reading a novel eating a breakfast of fried potatoes and eggs. And then there's me, sitting here blogging on my netbook, portfolio worksheet spread on the table, and pregnant in my second trimester.
This is the Morgantown I missed.
(N0t to mention all the walking we get to do!! My calves are a little sore, but my body and mind are SO grateful!!)
There is something about the diversity
No comments:
Post a Comment