"Still figuring out what kind of (double) jogging stroller is best for us...there are SO MANY choices! Feedback would be awesome."
I found the following responses both helpful and interesting, so I thought I'd post a transcription.
J Check out the forums on Baby Bargains web site. They have a whole part just for strollers and it's pretty informative. Plus it never hurts to cruise on by the sales/deals forum and get a heads up awesome sales!20 hours ago ·
CDoes Xave use the stroller a lot? I haven't used one for B since we went to the mall together, he just does better walking on his own. We'll use our jogging stroller when we go to DC, because we'll be out during his naptime and he'll need a place to sleep. But honestly, I just used a carrier or let him walk. We have three strollers and I used them combined less than 10 times. Maybe you can wear new baby and push Xave until new baby gets heavy, then Xave can walk?
Just a thought, that seems like a lot of money :) Even though I'm sure you'll have future babies that will be able to use it, then my ideas are useless.17 hours ago ·
Legitimately, we have not used our jogging stroller much recently - but that is due to the lack of places to walk more so than the lack of wanting to use it. When we were in Morgantown, I would have died without it, and even when we lived on West Side, I used it extensively walking to and fro the mall.
As much as Tom and I walk, having Xave walk or carrying him isn't really too much of an option for us, and a traditional dual style stroller isn't going to cut it either (especially in Morgantown where it's uphill both ways and the sidewalks are less than pristine). In these conditions, I do not see Xave walking this distance/terrain, nor do I see myself being able to carry him while I push a stroller (should I be alone).
I agree, it is a lot of money, but judging from the reviews, the BOB holds up very nicely (unlike the Tike Tech X3), and should be useful for future children (after all, by the time the third one gets here, Xavier SHOULD be able to handle walking...).
Sorry for the discourse...but I didn't want you to think I was just...throwing money around on this. It really isn't a LIGHT purchase, but it does comfort me that it's the only BIG purchase for this kiddo that we're going to have to make.16 hours ago ·
JJust a thought about Xave later on... They do make 'boogie boards' that hook on to your stroller axle and allow an older child to stand behind and be pulled along. Then you can have #2 and #3 in the stroller and Xave would still be able to catch a ride if he needs. Check out the "Hitch Hiker" on this page:
http://valcobaby.com/accessorize-your-stroller.html 15 hours ago ·
C Don't be sorry! You are the picture of responsible consumerism, I know you wouldn't make a purchase you didn't need :) I know I buy some things, thinking we'll use them, (cribs, strollers, changing tables) and they sit basically unused. Though, we probably would've used the travel system stroller more if I could get the silly thing folded and in the trunk of my civic. Hmm, that might be a blog idea:)15 hours ago ·
J - the boogie board has definitely been tossed around in my mind already! :)
C - I appreciate that a lot. You know, I really tried hard to make responsible purchases with Xave. For example, his changing table is a dresser style, so we are still able to use it for storing his clothes. I hear what you're saying though, and the sheer amount of "YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS" thrown at you during pregnancy is sheer marketing genius/madness. Probably, if I were to say I was overboard or excessive in anything, it was Xaviers wardrobe...but 95% of it was bought at deep discount, and I also felt that Gaps quality was tremendous...and therefore would hold up as hand me downs well.
In regards to stroller size when dealing with a trunk...our jogger BARELY fits in the back of our tiny 99 corolla...but with a new baby we are going to have to invest in a new car anyway...but I do hear you regarding that sentiment.13 hours ago ·
Especially having been the first one of my friends very close to me at the time to have a baby, the sheer amount of "things" to buy is completely overwhelming. Magazines, television, blogs, parenting forums all tell you that you need (or don't need) every item on the market...and there is no consistency. This, of course, makes sense, giving the wide range of variables such as parenting style, your baby's personality, and space/income.
I feel very lucky, that now not only do I have friends who have children of their own (who are in close age to Xavier), but I also have 18 months of experience under my belt. I know what worked for me, and what didn't. For example, the Boppy pillow, touted as the MUST BUY for any breastfeeding mother, was a complete waste for me...I used it a hand full of times early on, and later it became a place for Xavier to sit in.
I feel much more secure this go around, which I suppose should be expected. That is not to say that I am not a little nervous with the idea of juggling a newborn and a toddler, and cautious in knowing that this new baby will most likely not have the same personality as Xavier, but a lot of the "unknowns" have been taken out.
I know I love my Arm's Reach Co-sleeper.
I know not to fuss with the Boppy pillow.
I know that feeding my baby when he's hungry, not trying to track with the ItzBeen timer is easier.
I know I like the Playtex Drop-Ins system when he gets a bottle (of breastmilk).
I know what it's like to breastfeed.
I know how to change a diaper.
I know what it feels like to cry emotionally for no good reason due to postpartum hormone changes.
I know that I can survive being up every other hour (or more).
I could go on, and on. But all of these things add a sense of security and reassurance to me in knowing that I can make the best decisions for my children on my own.
1 comment:
I LOVED the boppy! I used it ever day... alot. I even used it up until she was well over a year old. It's funny how different things work for different people.
Post a Comment