Friday, March 4, 2011

More changes to come (and a discussion on strollers).

The Husband and I have made the decision to move back to Morgantown this August.

This was not a spontaneous whim, nor a choice we decided upon without much deliberation. However, our current situation is less than ideal, and although it may be difficult for a while, we have reasoned that moving back into our home is the best course of action for our family fiscally, emotionally, and spiritually.

So...that as some pretty big news, now on to more trivial matters...such as shopping for a double stroller.

...this seems like an easy task right? Well, considering how much Tom and I walk, not just any ol'Graco-style stroller is going to fit the bill. We want a jogging stroller, with air filled tires (rubber bicycle style tires)...which we had for Xavier (thanks to my Mom and Grandma for footing the bill on that one).

And then there is the issue of weight and infant seat compatibility since this will be for a toddler and an infant, not twins. That knocks out about half of the options out the window due to either A) max weight being 50 lbs. (for both seats) or B) not being infant seat compatible.

Then comes the issue of budget...do I really want to spend $800 (+cost of the infant seat adapter)? Not particularly....

The best option I can come up with is the BOB Revolution Dualie...and coming in at somewhere between $500-$650 (depending on if it was last years model, or the current 2011 one) it's still not what I'd consider a bargain...but considering anything else that fits the above criteria clocks in around $700+, it is the cheapest (albeit far from cheap) road to go.

I did manage to find the 2010 model on Amazon.com for the "bargain" price of $500 (http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Stroller-Strides-Fitness-Duallie/dp/B000MSYVPU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299269764&sr=8-3#replacementWidget)...but after you tack on the infant car seat adapter (http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Infant-Adapter-Duallie-Strollers/dp/B000RH7FUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299269764&sr=8-1), you're looking at closer to $600...but I guess that's not as bad as it could be?

No comments: