Friday, October 2, 2009

Conferences.

Last week I spent a few days with my parents (as I discussed earlier, The Husband running a conference in the southern part of the state). While I did miss The Husband as well as being that that particular conference, I think it was good for everyone. My parents and grandmother got spent a lot of time with Xave, I relaxed and did pretty much nothing (except fix dinner one night which honestly felt more like a luxury than a chore), and even though The Husband and I missed each other - sometimes it's good to have a few days apart. You know, distance only makes the heart grow fonder...or whatever that saying is.


Upon coming back to my own home, Xave was rather cranky. I'm chalking it up to being a mix of being overly coddled, a change in atmosphere, gas pains, and a growth spurt. In that he was being a fuss bucket, I tried a trick I remember reading in one of the billion books, blog articles, and magazines I read in preparation: lay a hot water bottle beside him. It makes sense, right? It's warm and it's squishy - just like my D sized breasts. It works great though, and Xave relaxes no problem.

The past few days, Xave and I have been on our own. The Husband is working another conference that takes up his time from 7 in the morning to about...2 or 3 in the evening. It hasn't been so bad though, as yesterday my parents came over and spent the day with me, which was (as always) wonderful.


I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the minute; my house is in shambles, I've got pepperoni rolls to wrap for Louisiana legislators, and let's not even talk about homework I have to do right now. I have always had respect for single mothers, but only now do I realize how tough it might be...after all, I'm not trying to work a job outside of home.

There's so much more to talk about...and yet, I'm finding I need to prioritize a little better...perhaps later.

No comments: