Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dedicated baby towels just cause more laundry, and other things I've learned in 2 months time.

Xavier Thomas is two months old...TODAY. Wow. My little boy is two months old?! Really?! I'm dreading when he's two YEARS old - but then again, just sitting here thinking about it, instead of taking in my baby boy (while he's a baby), is just going to make the time fly by faster...

He has such bright social smiles now and - as I'm sure with every mother - it makes my heart melt. I still haven't snagged a picture of one yet - partially the result of my camera battery having not been charged (it is now!) - but the other part is I'm so enamored by it, it doesn't even cross my mind!

Lately, Xave has been sleeping even longer at night - about 5 to 5 1/2 stretches! I guess that should be expected?

Today, was an early day (by choice, actually)!

After two months exactly (more on this later), I finally managed to get my (huge) butt to the gym. I left our house around 7:30am, then did 20 minutes of eliptical, 10 minutes of rowing, and then another 20 of the step type machine that makes it look like you're doing high kicks...I'm not sure what it's called - I just know it'll kill the back of your thighs! I got back home around 10ish, and Xave was just fine - didn't even need fed by The Husband (he was fed at 6am, so he went four hours no problem).

I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but I can't keep looking like the way I am. I can manage to squeeze into my size 6 jeans and dress pants now, but I'm far from wearing my 4's (and let's not even talk about my 2's).

I'm hoping with exercise and pescetarianism it'll be achievable...my size 2 that is.

In regards to the title, I have learned a lot more about babies in the past two months.
  • Dedicated baby towels do nothing but cause more laundry - and when you're already doing three times the laundry than before, anything to reduce that expenditure is welcome.

  • Always have an extra pacifier. Hide them in your car, in every room, and have one per purse. I neglect to mention diaper bags here, because it's a given that there should be at least two spare already in it.

  • Take in your baby, but once every few days, look at pictures from a few weeks before - it's astounding the changes you don't notice because you don't look away.

  • Q-tips grab boogers from tiny noses very well - just be careful.

  • Zippers. Not buttons. Not snaps. Zippers. In the middle of the night, it's infinitely easier - especially if you have to change (both getting on and getting off) outfits. [I was recommended gowns, but they didn't work out too well with me - Xave's diaper always slid down and made a mess since there was no crotch to hold it up at night when he shifts.]

I'm sure there will be more of these type lessons to learn...trial and error. Trial and error.

No comments: