Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ho hum and hum drum.

So, not many updates lately - mostly because I've been too busy with things that are downright mundane (work, cleaning house, homework, etc...).

I am pretty excited about a new job prospect however. Last Wednesday, Kain and I went to Julio's to eat. I've been trying to think of how to bring up to Pam that I want to work on their website forever, and I finally mustered up the courage to say "Oh, I saw that you guys had a website, but you should really add more information!" She responded that a friend of theirs did it for them, and wasn't aware that a lot of things they wanted up (like reviews from Food & Wine, and the NYT) weren't there at all. Then she asked "You don't happen to know anyone who could get in touch with us, do you?" I was in HEAVEN. I'm supposed to call this upcoming Tuesday morning (8:30am - ouch.) to work out a time when I can go sit down with them with things they'd like up, as well as I mentioned I'd do some photography for them as well.

Also, The Husband and I have decided to try to go vegetarian, with the addition of fish and seafood. We had talked a few weeks ago, about how Americans (and Europeans, after all, that's who we get it from) tend to make meat the center and focus of our meals, when really it should be vegetables and whole grains. Additionally, a few of our friends are vegetarian (for various reasons), and one said that if we make it through the first 40 days, then we'll be fine. I'm pretty excited, and we're already 4 days in...so far no meat cravings - we'll see what I think in a few weeks from now - but I feel like if I can have lobster, then I can give up my lamb.

Speaking of photography, I need to charge my camera battery...

No comments: