Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life alone is almost over!

Today is the last day of The Husband's second conference. The third is later this month, but I'll ACTUALLY GET TO GO TO THIS ONE. The locale could be better, but I'm sure we'll make the most of it.

Did I mention I might go to Hawaii in March? The Husband and I might go to Hawaii in March...and the majority of it will be on the University's dime. Hawaii will probably be the closest I get to Asia for a LONG time...(Nevermind the botched trip to Korea that was going to happen last year...)

Lately, the weather has gotten cooler, which has it's pros and cons. On the positive, there's no more humidity, but on the negative, leaving the house with Xave takes approximately 30% longer. No more does throwing on a onesie work - nope, we have to have at least a full body sleeper, and should those all be dirty...well, that means shirt, pants, jacket, and socks that never stay on, plus an extra blanket in case it gets cold, and if the jacket doesn't have a hood, well, he'd better have a hat. Of course, this doesn't happen all at once - this happens over the course of an hour after trying to leave the house umpteen times and realizing "IF I DON'T BRING THIS MY BABY WILL TURN INTO AN ICE SCULPTURE."

My mom bought that outfit for Xave while perusing The Gap with me when I was pregnant. Too cute, right?! I don't think you can see it, but the pants match the pattern on his hoodie and inside of the hood as well.

To backtrack a bit, this week has been really interesting with just Xave and I. And by interesting, I mean exceedingly lonely. I'm looking forward to having The Husband around again, instead of seeing fleeting glimpses of him in the early morning.

It'll also be nice to take a shower.

Tomorrow, we're to have lunch with his boss (who, I also do some work for), and then we're going to go to Julio's for dinner. It's been a tough week on both of us - we deserve it.

My one prevailing thought at the moment, is I could kill for a cream soda. However, bundling up Xave as well as traversing outside with my oily hair is not really something I'm going to put myself through. Tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love his little outfit! He looks so cute:) I know what you mean about being lonely. I am home all day by myself while my husband works and I already miss all the adult time I had when I was working. It's all worth it, but still... I am glad you guys are doing so well though. You are looking fantastic!