Friday, November 6, 2009

A few words from the front lines:

All has been well here as of late. No major traumas or news worthy events to really blog about - which, if you consider it, can be a good thing. There's something to say about the valleys and plateaus in life - they are predictable and at times, calming. I don't like things to stagnate too long, but a few days of anticlimactic life aren't so bad.

I did forget to mention, that when I came back from my parents last (after he had slept through the night for the first time), The Husband and I decided to move Xave into his crib. So far, he has been doing well sleeping apart from me, although when he gets me up at the 7am-8am mark, I'll usually bring him in our bedroom and set him back down in the co-sleeper to grab an hour or two extra of sleep (this is because at this time, he's less inclined to go straight to sleep, and a hand to pop his pacifier back in his mouth is necessary). This move has gone well for all of us. At first it was difficult because I was so used to hearing baby snores in my ear, but I have gotten used to it now. The Husband, however, still jumps up every now and again to peek into the nursery and make sure the baby is okay.

I put away Xave's 0-3 month clothing away two days ago. When getting out his 3-6 month things, I found that probably 50% of the things people bought for us are warm weather outfits - t-shirts, shorts, etc... that unfortunately he's just probably not going to wear. On the bright side of things, he has plenty of zip sleepers now that I bought ahead of time since I now know how much I love them - he practically lives in them day to day.

In regards to picture taking, Xave is fascinated in my camera - and this is not necessarily a good thing. The Husband and I have tried a million times to photograph his smile, and 99% of pictures are of Xave staring blankly into the camera lens...

Case in point:


...however, the 1% of photographs we have of his smile melt my heart~







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable.