Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Wonderful Picnic, A Trip to the Zoo, and family time abound!

So, unfortunately, due to my lack of planning (and I want to say that The Husband tried to prevent this by getting me to copy them sooner) I don't have photos for everything here...although they exist.  So, they will probably be posted next time...so that means this post and the subsequent one will be slightly out of chronological photographical order.

Memorial Day, we spent with Father Andrew at Cooper's Rock.  It was a wonderful time, and we took Princess with us as well.  While it was a very hot day, the higher altitude and large shady trees provided all the refuge we needed.  Whenever we spend time with Father, I always wonder how on earth I ever fathomed leaving St. Hubert's.   For the picnic, I made a homemade chicken salad, brought grapes and strawberries, brought hummus and pita chips, did a homemade cole slaw...it was very tasty. (I don't have pictures of our picnic!  Next time!!)

Wednesday, my parents had the day off so we all went to the Pittsburgh Zoo!  Xavier thoroughly enjoyed himself, although at times when the animals would begin walking (what he perceived to be) towards him he would get a little leery of them - and subsequently clingy (this action coincided with him saying "nonono" in a tiny voice which was kind of cute).

Xavier and my Parents!
Not always so sure about what's going on...
Checking out the jaguar!!....
....until it started towards the glass...
Xave and my Mama checking out the monkey's
Cooling off in a water sprayer!
He got pretty fearless and would run right up in between other kids!
Fish were a major attraction for Xave.
This one he gave a kiss to several times (through the glass).
Pointing out more fish!

It was very funny when we were in the aquarium part as he would dart from tank to tank all around!!  The only unfortunate thing was that we didn't get to the petting zoo part (it's at the end of the path through the zoo).  It was already 12:30 (because the zoo didn't open until 9:30!?  That's kinda late!) and it was hot, and Xave was hungry.  Next time, we're hitting up the petting zoo first.  :)

Friday was an awesome day spent with lots of different friends.  We spent the morning with Karla and her darling two children at the park.  Her daughter is so caring and loving, and would lead Xavier around the playground and watch out for him, occasionally telling other older kids to "be careful!  He is little!" which, I confided in Karla, I would love to say to those kids, but as an adult you just can't...but hey, if your kids do it, it's totally okay!!  In that regard, it's nice to have a toddler be able to speak for you!

After naptime Friday, we met up with our new friends Nicole and her two children and walked over to the local bakery and grabbed some fresh bread, and a chocolate baguette and some iced latte's to relax with.  Later that evening, our families (meaning the dad's joined in) met up at their house to relax and let the kids play.
Saturday, we went down to visit The Husband's grandmother.  She bought Xavier a bubble lawnmower (bubbles + lawnmower = some sort of toddler heaven for Xave) which he was very fond of pushing around the yard!



We also took Princess down there too, which allowed us to stay there a little while longer to spend some time with her.

This week is shaping up to be pretty eventful too!  Tomorrow is another ultrasound (they are kind of close because with the last one Baby Joseph wasn't turned to where we could see his spine, so they just want to try to get a peek at that), and my mom was able to take the day off to spend with us.  Originally, my dad too...but he ended up having to work...so I'm a little bummed about that (as I'm sure he is as well!).

Saturday, Xave and I will be spending a few day with my parents as The Husband is off to San Diego for a conference!  I would be jealous...but his flight schedule is so awful and his days so packed, it's easier for us to stay here this time (and probably more enjoyable as well!!).  It'll be nice to have a few days to catch up with my family as well.  :)

...more pictures (especially of Memorial Day!) in the not so distant future...I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little birthday buddy is precious!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!