Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally some photos, going ons, and a all about BOB.

So, I'm going to attempt to play catch up with some photos as well as some general going ons at our house.

4/21/2011
My brother came over and played with Xavier at the park.  Aren't they sweet together?










4/24/2011
Xavier put on Daddy's shoes for the first time, and managed to walk several feet in them.


4/25/2011
Xavier and I went with our friends Jessica and Isaiah (and her mother) up to the outlets in Washington, PA.  Xavier did amazing, and didn't clamor to get out of his stroller once during the whole ordeal.  He was very patient.


5/5/2011
Another day at the park, but the first time I put Xavier in a big swing.  We (obviously) didn't swing very high, or hard, but he managed to be able to keep his balance.


5/10/2011
It was a hot day, and our neighbor friends generously gave us a Step 2 Tuggy Boat (which has a lid, so it can be used as a sandbox, or a pool...at this point in time, we're electing pool...I'm not sure how I feel about giving sand to an almost 2 year old yet).  Xave loved it, and it also gave us time to play outside with Princess as well.





Our dog, Princess.

5/21/2011
Touch-A-Truck!  This was a fantastic charity event in Morgantown in which all sorts of trucks (and the like) parked at the WVU Coliseum for kids to look at and climb in.  Even with all of the fire trucks, police cars, tractors, cranes, and even a helicopter, Xavier's favorite was by far our city bus (he loves busses more than anything?!).  Well that and the PRT (which we rode over to get there).  It was quite the battle to get him to leave the PRT station to even GET to Touch-A-Truck!

Sitting in the helicopter chair.



Driving the bus was the highlight of the day!

THRILLED to be on the City Bus!

On our way home on the PRT (point out another car that passed by).


Oh, what else has happened...

We bought a Toyota Sienna, a much needed upgrade with another one on the way (which is going to be a boy!), and I finally got my BOB Duallie stroller!  I remarked to my mother, that it's pretty telling that the things I get excited about these days are what mini van we bought, and how cool my new stroller is...

The only major thing left on our list to purchase is a new crib.  The one Xave was in was not only a drop side, but also from moving so many times, it just didn't feel sturdy where the screws went in anymore.  Those two factors combined, plus the fact he sleeps in a standard full size bed allowed us to make the decision to get rid of the old one, and purchase a new one for baby Joseph.

Oh, I almost forgot - I turned 25!  My birthday weekend included a trip to Julio's (where even after splitting an entree we still managed to over eat), the Chauncery Hill (our neighborhood) Yardsale, and going to several thrift stores (where I picked up a brand new, but super cute comforter set for Xavier and a dresser for me finally).  We also bought a dining room table through CraigsList...which is also where my BOB Duallie came from!

Speaking of my BOB Duallie stroller...(I debated going on and on about this, but I kind of love it, so I can't keep myself from discussing it...)

I had been searching the Pittsburgh CraigsList for a month or so now, as you don't see many high end strollers for sale in our area (or in our state for that matter..)  I had seen a few in Pittsburgh ranging in the $450-$500 range...which, would still be saving some money, but if I have to drive to Pittsburgh to pick it up, plus it's used...well, The Husband and I had decided we'd just foot the $700 cost and save us the trouble.

Then I noticed a listing this Monday, that was for a practically unused BOB Duallie...plus she wanted to move it out of her garage quickly...so she was only asking $350 (our magic number for a used one).  I called, and she explained that she had barely used it, but was concerned where we were located at (since she noticed our different area code).  I explained that we were close to the area, and then she generously offered to meet us only 15 minutes out of town!

When we met, she explained that her parents owned property in Hilton Head, and that her double Maclaren stroller just didn't go in the sand...so when they were up there, they stopped by a bike shop and bought a BOB Duallie for her two girls.  She said they used it in Hilton Head (maybe) twice, and it also might have been at the Pittsburgh Zoo a few times...and that's it.  So, I got an practically brand new stroller (plus the $35 parent console) for half the cost!!

I took it for a "test drive" later that evening (The Husband was able to take the afternoon off to go with us to pick it up), and Xavier climbed up in it, patted the seat beside him, and said "Baby?".  I said "Yes!  It's for the baby!" and he ran, and got his baby doll, and sat it in the chair beside him.  Although I didn't want to look like the neighborhood nutjob, The Husband and I agreed that it wouldn't kill me to drive the stroller around with a baby doll in tow...plus, I'd be able to see if Xavier was going to try to poke and prod his new riding partner.  Everything went very smoothly, and Xavier left the baby doll alone.  The suspension system on that stroller is amazing...(I was remarking to another friend, that I did more research into strollers and their features than I did which vehicle I bought...)

Xavier has continued to grow and talk and is now able to put together 2 and 3 word phrases.  He is also increadibly fond of hummus, baba ganoush (which we simply call baba for the ease of it), and of all things, lamb.  In fact, we went through a short period where he was stealing the orange juice from the fridge, but that has since been replaced with trying to theive the container of hummus....you can't even say "hummus" or "baba" around him, or it causes a barage of repitition!  But, as much as I would love that my son be free of any junk, he also says "hot dog.  hot dog.  hot dog!" anytime we pass Nathan's (a hot dog chain) downtown...I think he's been there twice?!  Yesterday, I made a lamb leg steak, and he must have eaten half of my portion...he'd pick up a piece, go "baaaa", and then cram it in his mouth.  This bothered me a little, but The Husband casually remarked that there was really no sense in sugar coating it.

So those are the latest happenings at home...I'm also 22 weeks into my pregnancy (so that means 18 to go!) and I'm feeling enormous already...I'm in better shape than my last pregnancy but I just feel so...big...and I know that I'm just going to get...bigger...  This pregnancy has gone by so fast though...it's strange to know I'm 2 weeks past the halfway mark already!

No comments: