Monday, June 20, 2011

A few more developmental milestones...

I knew I managed to leave out some developmental things Xavier has been doing lately!

He is starting to string together thoughts better - I kind of explained this in regards to Tom and his modes of transportation, but he also understands that if we go to the "park" there are "slides" and "swings", or that if we are going downtown, he will say "bridge" (we walk across one). He can put together "church" and (Father) "Andrew" all without us prompting him.

He has also been very interested in ownership lately, and not just in how I would have expected. This is not to say that there aren't his fare shares of "Mine!", but he also likes to point out what is Daddy's or Mama's. For example, he has a small toy car in which he can open the doors. He will then point to the drivers seat, and say "daddy" and point to the passenger seat and say "mama". At the dinner table, he is also very fond of pointing out who's chair is who's (including his own).

He is also very nurturing of his baby doll - whose name is simply "baby". He will tuck it into bed, and say "night night", likes to feed it fake food, wants it to eat in the booster chair, etc... He is very concerned if he doesn't know where it is as well. It makes me very happy that he cares about his baby so much - especially with Joseph on the way!

No comments: