Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting into the groove of things...

So, a schedule seems to be emerging in our household (which is good).  Breakfast usually gets underway around 7:30 and I do a few dishes while he eats, and then Xave and I have some storytime.  After that, I straighten up the rooms a bit (make the beds,  etc...).  By then, we usually try to get out of the house in some fashion - whether that's going downtown or going to the park.  11:30 or 12 is lunchtime, then naptime.  Naptime is when I try to prep dinner for the evening, and do some sort of chore around the house, and also recharge from the morning's daily trials and triumphs.  Xave then wakes up around 2:30, and we play and talk and have snack until Daddy gets home around 5:15.

I just realized...I forgot my camera card to upload pictures.  :(

Easter was nice, and we spent the holiday with my family.  (As a side note, I forgot how unbelievably painful overeating while pregnant is.)

Tomorrow my mom is going to come over and spend the day with Xavier and I, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I am slowly starting to meet people around here...but I'm sure it will take some time, just like it did in Charleston.

Xave is getting more and more talkative.  He can even sometimes answer an opened ended question, such as "What would you like to eat?" which the reply is usually "chee-yo's" or "oat-mee".  Ah...he really melts my heart when I think of how he talks.  Stuck is "guk" and Dog is "dogu" and Princess is "Pin-says!".  When he gives kisses he goes "mmmmmmmmmm" and when The Husband and I try to kiss him simultaneously, occasionally he'll shove our faces together to make us kiss each other (something he learned probably from me teaching him to have his animals kiss each other?).

We learned yesterday that he really likes hummus, and will eat it off of a spoon.  He is getting pickier about what he eats, although I personally suspect a lot of it might be a control issue?

We were also doing really well with pooping in the potty, but he's recently (like, in the last week) started a potty boycott.  I am not pressuring him about it, so hopefully this won't last...?  (Also, if you pass gas audibly in front of him, he'll look at you and point to your belly and go "poop.  poop." hahaha)

He loves "ow-saiii" (outside) and it's sometimes a battle to get him to come in after we get back from downtown or the park.  Oh well, better that he loves being outside than preferring to vegetate in front of the television?

 

No comments: