Thursday, August 12, 2010

Long time, no blog!

Well, it's been such a long time since I've posted a blog post, I hardly know where to begin.

Let's see here...

We moved, and put our house up for sale. Still no serious bites, but it's not been up too long so I'm not concerned yet. We're currently renting an enormous house, which is considerably better than being stuffed into an apartment building.

Xavier continues to grow and develop - in fact, today I was thinking about how it used to amaze me that I could motion for him to come towards me, and he would. However, now when I do it, sometimes he has other things he wants to do more, and he can process his own wants and desires. It's very fascinating - I'm watching a human psyche develop right in front of my eyes, and I'm a pivotal influence on it. It's a little overwhelming when you dwell on the concept too long!

He is almost a professional at not only climbing, but descending stairs (which is mind numbingly cute), and will pound you with the same book fifty times, demanding you read it over, and over, and over, and...well, you get the idea.

It's hard to believe, that 364 days ago, he was still a part in me...and now, he's working his way into becoming an individual.

Birthday celebrations are to be abound, starting with tonight (a vigil to his birthday, I suppose!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Xavier, my birthday buddy. Blessings to you all.