Saturday, January 16, 2010

Manners.

There is a part of the that is convinced, that if I had a card reader on my desktop (which is now my main computer) I would update my blog more frequently. Likewise, the other part says, "No, that's an excuse you lazy mongrel - you just think you're too busy." In truth, it's somewhere in the middle, mixed with the fact that I have a beautiful baby who is infinite amounts of fun to play with - so, there are some priorities in place.

December 17th
I'm not really sure how I missed uploading this one! One of my favorite pictures of Xave playing.

Speaking of my darling and perfect little bundle of boy - it takes every ounce of decency when people compliment him, to simply say "thank you". The mom part of my brain wants to shout out how immaculate he is to everyone and anyone who will listen. Let me attempt to illustrate in an example:

What I do say:
Random Stranger: "Why, what a pretty baby you have!"

Me: "Why, thank you very much."
What I want to say:
Random Stranger: "Why, what a pretty baby you have!"

Me: "I KNOW. I'M NOT SURPRISED YOU COMMENTED BECAUSE HOW COULD YOU NOT. HE'S PERFECT ISN'T HE? NOT ONLY IS HE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY TO EVER GRACE THIS PLANET, HE'S ALSO THE MOST CHARMING - NOT TO MENTION MOST INTELLIGENT. YOU SHOULD REALLY GET HIS AUTOGRAPH."
Thankfully, my family taught me manners - but the urge to spout those very words are just ready to boil over every time someone talks about him.

January 9th
Xave can hold on to things now so he can sit up. Often when he fusses, it's due to his frustration of not being able to do this on his own, or that he is laying down and wants propped up.

Things, in general, have been going well for The Husband and I. We are mainly just busy with work and the like - classes resumed for me last week, but I don't believe I'll be very busy with them...after all, I'm only taking 1 class this time around.

January 9th
Kain and I realized we are getting old - on a Saturday night, we decided to work a puzzle.

More and more often, I do not blog about my day - who comes over, where I go, what we do...it's all about the baby - and that's fine with me.

January 14th
One of our favorite shirts we bought for Xave before he was born (it says: "Cradle Catholic").


January 15th
Xave and I now have matching hoodies from the Gap - thanks to my ability to wear a GapKids.

January 16th
Since he's wearing 6-9 month sized things now, he can finally fit into his Cubs outfit that The Husband's friend bought him. I love it!~

No comments: