Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back on track...

Well, I was having an incredibly productive week...up until Tuesday afternoon when I decided to get stomach flu. At first, I thought, no biggie - I had been through this last Christmas, while pregnant no less, and ended up surviving. Oh, how being a nursing mother changes things! Nursing, in of itself, made me more dehydrated (not that I wanted to drink anything anyway), and due to this dehydration my milk supply went down - which in turn made Xave need to nurse more frequently, which, leads to, being woken more frequently as well.

Luckily, I have the greatest husband anyone could ever ask for.

Other than outside of the realms he could control (i.e. breastfeeding) he took complete control of the baby and the house, leaving me to read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn and grabbing some recovery rest.

He took this adorable picture of Xavier after giving him a bath:

And yes, that is a baby bathrobe...

So today, I was feeling about 75% there, and I am hypothesizing tomorrow I'll be back to normal - and therefore, back to the grind. There's plenty of housework, and work work to be done 'round here!!

No comments: