Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hazel

I have no idea why, or how, but I have neglected to post about one of Xavier's best friends.

This could be due to the past that I have been wholly negligent about blogging in general, but, well...things get busy.

Anyway, I met Hazel (and her wonderful mother, Emily-more on her later-) within the week Tom and I moved back to Morgantown at our neighborhood park.  Since that initial "Oh, hi other mom at the park let's make small talk and hope that we remember each other's names next time we meet" we just sort of kept running into each other, and our kids got along amazingly well.  Then casual run ins started turning into planned ones, and eventually play dates at the house with tea for the adults and various snacks for the wee-ones.

This is how adorable they are together:

...laying out a picnic blanket together...

...taking a snooze...

...Xavier showing Hazel "X...for Xavier"...
  It's hard for me to fathom that when they first met, Hazel just called Xavier "little boy" and Xavier was barely able to speak, let alone string along sentences, lead play, and carry on conversations with her...

Emily is a fascinating person.  She's a photographer, a crafter, and also a thrifter.  Did I also mention that she doesn't think I'm crazy for walking everywhere, owning a smaller home, and nursing my baby on our (Joseph and I's) whims? Definite +points for that.  :)

No comments: