Friday, February 12, 2010

Xavier: The Ladies Man

First...
Happy Birthday Husband!

Now, as is commonplace now, I neglected to post something that I promised myself I would.

My son, not even six months old, is a ladies man.

A few weeks ago, The Husband and I went to dinner downtown and had Xave in tow. We had gotten through the majority of the meal, and were getting ready to have our after dinner coffee, when an undergraduate couple on a date came in and were seated behind us.

Xave, in his insatiable curiosity, turned to watch the new arrivals...only to lock himself into a stare at the guy. He stared...and stared...and stared. I could tell it was making him feel uncomfortable, and The Husband and I sort of laughed about it to ourselves (it wasn't helping the poor guy that his girlfriend/date kept pointing and waving at Xave, mentioning how cute he was).

The Husband then decided to hold Xavier in his lap, but even this did not deter his hard gaze. I looked at the girl and said "I'm sorry, it seems he's trying to intimidate your boyfriend to steal you away!" to which she replied, "Oh, he can have me without any trouble!"

Poor guy - you could really tell he felt awkward and uncomfortable (because really, when you're on a date, the last thing you probably want to think of is the prospect of children!).

The Husband and I got a good laugh out of it though.

A couple more video's...

Xave and Scout (which I mentioned previously):

Xave playing on my laptop (on KneeBouncers, a site with activities for babies and toddlers):

No comments: