Thanksgiving, which I hosted for my third time this year, went well. It's hard to believe that last Thanksgiving, only my husband and I knew I was pregnant, and that next Thanksgiving, my son will be at the table with us (this year he just slept though dinner - I'm not complaining though).
Developmentally Xave is becoming so much more aware of things around him, as well as his ability to manipulate them - stretching for things, squirming towards us, etc... The other day, he noticed that on his sleeper, there were lions on his feet - he was most perturbed. He would look at his toes, as if thinking "Mom. Dad. What is on my foot? There's something wrong here." and would then look up as if to say "Hey, aren't you going to take me to the doctor or something?!"
The Husband and I also bought Xave his first Christmas presents, although it'll probably be a while before he can play with them. The Husband picked this turtle out, while I chose this stacker with flashing lights. I'm trying to convince him that this Learning Puppy would be a good toy, but he doesn't like it.
I'm almost done Christmas shopping for the family - just a few more gifts to get now...
I'm looking forward to going to Hawaii in March - The Husband is presenting at a conference there, so we're going to use it as a vacation opportunity. My wonderful parents have already agreed to take care of the baby for the week that we'll be gone. I've never been to Hawaii before, but I'm super excited to hit the beach and check out some of the National Parks!
My previous feelings of anxiety over where we'll be moving to is starting to develop into excitement - I think we're both ready to move, find a bigger city, get a bigger house, etc... I still remain anxious about the possibility of moving far away from my family however - the support, love, and strength I gain from them is immeasurable.
However, God will provide and place us where is best.
1 comment:
I haven't checked in on you in a while... things have been crazy around here. Looks like everything is going great with you guys. The little guy is getting so big! And so adorable :) You are so lucky he is sleeping so long... our longest stretch is still 6 hours. Hopefully some day....
Post a Comment